Macat takes privacy seriously, and wants to ensure that all our website visitors are aware of how we will use information that we collect about you. To do so, we provide this Privacy and Cookies Policy which describes the information that we collect about you and how we use that information. This policy applies to information that we collect online through macat.com (our "site") and your use of any services that we provide to you.
What data do we collect?
It is important that you understand what data we collect from you. This policy explains the data that we collect and use, which we collect when you are visiting the site, when you sign up to services that we provide, sign-up for email updates, participate in public forums, or when you otherwise provide your information to us.
The data that we collect includes your:
- email address;
- credit or debit card number and expiry date or details of any other payment method your user name and password;
- courses that you are studying or have studied and information regarding the relevant location/institution where you are studying or have studied;
- the Internet protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, your operating system and platform;
- your cookie number;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators ("URL") clickstream, to and from our site (including date and time);
- navigational information about where you go on our site.
- we may collect your personal data if you:
- use or browse the site;
- register with us on our site;
- sign up to receive updates from us;
- participate in public forums that we offer;
- communicate with us either through our site or via email; and
- if you respond to any surveys that are operated by us.
How we use your data
We will only use your data for specific purposes, which are:
- to understand and analyse how you and others use the site and any services that we provide;
- to communicate with you;
- customise your experience of the site and any services that we provide to you;
- to provide any services to you that you have signed up for;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, including public forums;
- improve our site and any services that we provide, and to develop new services;
- provided that you have opted-in, notify you about offers or products, services or information that may be of interest to you;
- if you have consented, contact you about surveys;
- enforce our legal rights;
- comply with any legal requirements that we are subject to; and
- detect and investigate fraud and other illegal activities and potential breaches of the terms and conditions that apply to use of the site and/or services that we provide.
We may sometimes combine the data you provided us with data that we have lawfully obtained from other third party sources and use it for the above purposes. We will not sell or rent your data to any third party without your express consent.
Who we share your data with
The protection of your data is important to us. We may share your data with carefully selected and trusted third parties, including other companies in the Macat group and providers of services to us.
We may share your data with law enforcement agencies and/or third parties if we are required, or we genuinely believe that we are required, to do so by law.
Your data may be transferred to another company in the event we sell all or part of our business.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to which we share your data with agree to process that data only in ways that we permit them to and a way that complies with the law.
Where your data may go
Your data may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA") to countries which may not have equivalent protections for your personal data as the country where you live. If we transfer your data outside the EEA, we do our best to ensure that your data protection rights and freedoms are adequately protected.
How to find out what data we have
If you make a written request to us, we will provide you with information about the data that we hold about you. There may be a minimal fee for this. If you wish to make such a request, please send your request by either post or email to:
Address: Coda Studios, 189 Munster Road, London, SW6 6AW
Links to other sites
Our site may contain links to other sites which are not be governed by this policy. Please review the privacy policies of those other sites for further information.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential Cookies: These are cookies that are required to provide you with features or services that you have requested. For example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site or use a shopping cart style purchase system
- Analytical Cookies: These cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our site. This includes information about the number of visitors to the site, what pages visitors view on our site and how long visitors are viewing pages on the site;
- Third Party Cookies: These are cookies placed by a third party on your device, and this may provide information to those third parties about browsing habits that may help identify if certain services that such third parties provide are being used and to serve advertisements that are relevant to you. We do not have control or access to such cookies.
- The types of cookies described above may be "session cookies" which are temporary cookies that are only stored on your device while you are visiting our site or "persistent cookies" which are cookies that are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our site.
- To find our more information about cookies, including information about how to manage and delete cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- To explore what cookie setting are available to you, look in the "preferences" or "options" section of your browser's menu.